The Art Connect
Clove Leaf Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Syzygium aromaticum L.
Plant Part: Leaves
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, colourless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: With the sweet top notes characteristic of the clove family, the leaf oil is more herbaceous, but not to be confused with, the spicier aroma of the true clove oil which is derived from clove buds.
Blends With: Cinnamon Bark, Nutmeg, Grapefruit, Lemon, Orange, Peppermint, Rosemary, Rose, Lavender, Clary Sageand Ylang-ylang.
Product Abstract: Clove Leaf Essential Oil is derived from the slender evergreen that grows up to 12 meters in height (approximately 36 feet). The word 'clove' comes from the Latin word clavus, meaning 'nail', because the shaft and head of the clove bud resembled an ancient nail. Cloves and its leaves were among the most precious of spices of Europe during the 16th and 17th centuries, and were worth more than their weight in gold. They continue to be used in Ayurvedic medicine, traditional Chinese medicine, western herbalism, and in dentistry.
- Steam-Distilled: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Bottle with Stopper Plug
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).