Skip to product information
1 of 2

Formulators Inc.

Cocamidopropyl Betaine (C A P B) (Cosmetic Grade)

Cocamidopropyl Betaine (C A P B) (Cosmetic Grade)

Regular price Rs. 150.00
Regular price Rs. 210.00 Sale price Rs. 150.00
Sale Sold out
Tax included. Shipping calculated at checkout.

Cocamidopropyl Betaine (C A P B) is a mild, non-irritating surfactant used in personal care products. It is derived from coconut oil. It works as a foam stabilizer, touch enhancer, and viscosity builder, improving the effectiveness of skin and hair care products. The cosmetic grade is ideal for creating luxurious lathers and mild cleansing properties.

Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS)

Specifications, Features & Benefits

INCI: Cocamidopropyl Betaine (CAPB)

CAS: 61789-40-0


-Cocamidopropyl Betaine is a great co-surfactant that makes the overall surfactant blend milder.
-It helps improve flash foam and stabilize lather, and helps thicken some surfactant blends as it contains some sodium chloride.
-“It has a negative charge in alkaline products and a positive charge in acidic products like most personal cleansers.
-It is substantive when positively charged (in an acidic formulation), so it acts as a skin and hair conditioner, leaving behind a moisturized feeling after rinsing with no feeling of tightness.


-Very mild co-surfactant compatible with anionic, non-ionic and cationic surfactants.
-Useful also a primary surfactant as it has good cleansing and foaming properties.
-Slight viscosity enhancer & Excellent conditioning and antistatic agent.
-Moderate emulsifying properties.

Shelf Life: 2 Years

*Shelf life begins on the date of packaging and is defined as the average reasonable shelf life of an ingredient when it is stored and handled properly.

Country of Origin: India

Other Specifications:

-ASM (Active Surfactant Matter): 30% (remaining 70% is water)
-Appearance: Translucent Yellow Liquid
-Solubility: Water-Soluble
-Odour: Mild Odour
-pH: 4 - 7 (10% solution)

Applications, Usage & Storage

Body washes, shampoos, bubble baths, cleansing lotions, creams, hand soaps, baby products, hair conditioners, cream rinses

Recommended Usage Rate: 4%-40% in cosmetic formulations depending on desired foaming and cleansing effects.

Formulation Guidelines:
Include it in the heated water phase or cool down phase.

Storage: Store in an air-tight glass container in a cool, dry place.

Caution: This is a cosmetic-grade product. Not suitable for internal consumption. This product is not recommended for direct skin application. It needs to be added to formulations in the prescribed percentage (as above). Batch Production Testing and Patch skin Testing of the end products are recommended for all formulations before mass production/application/usage.

Bulk Rates

Contact us for orders of 25Kgs and above for further discounted bulk rates. You can also check out offers & disocunts here.

Shipping, Packaging & Dispatch Information

Plastic Bottles

Dispatch Estimate:

-In stock: 2-3 working days
-Pre-Order: 10-12 working days

Delivery Estimate: Click Here

Shipping: These goods are prohibited to be shipped via Air Mode in India. They will be sent via cargo/surface mode of transport.

Documents & References

Taxes & Other Legal Information

This product price is inclusive of 18% GST. Input Tax Credit is available for Indian GST registred customers.

Return, Exchange & Cancellation Policy

-Goods once shipped are not eligible for alteration, return, exchange & cancellation.

-Any product with physical defects/damage need to be notified to us before usage with an unboxing video. No replacements/refunds will be made after usage and without an unboxing video.

-In case of pre-order items the order cancellation/alteration requests cannot be processed after 24 hours of order being placed.

View full details