The Art Connect
Cypress Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Cupressus sempervirens L
Plant Part: Needles/Leaves
Description / Color / Consistency: Yellowish to yellow liquid / Light to medium consistency
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: Woody, fresh, and green aroma with a fragrance similar to that of Pine / Top Note / Mild to Medium Aroma.
Blends With: Bergamot, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Frankincense, Geranium, Jasmine, Juniper Berry, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Myrtle, Orange, Pine, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Silver Fir, and Tea Tree.
Product Abstract: The Cupressus sempervirens L. botanical is native to the Mediterranean region, Cyprus, Italy, and a region of Iran, among other countries; hence, this aromatic evergreen tree is also referred to as Mediterranean Cypress, Italian Cypress, and Persian Cypress. For its tall and thin structure, it has also earned the nickname Pencil Pine. This coniferous botanical can grow to a height of 35 m (115 ft) and can sometimes live for over 1000 years. The warm, dry, woody, and Citrusy notes of Cypress Oil make it a popular ingredient for use in the manufacturing of aftershaves, colognes, and soaps, especially in those intended to have characteristic masculine scents.
- Steam-Distilled: France
- Organic Grade: France
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/30ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).