The Art Connect
Marjoram Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Thymus mastichina
Plant Part: Flowers and Leaves
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a medium aroma, it has a warm and spicy aroma, with a note like nutmeg.
Blends With: Orange, Lavender, Rosewood, Frankincense, Tea Tree, Eucalyptus, Basil, Thyme, Elemi, Chamomile, and spices like Nutmeg or Cardamom.
Product Abstract: An herb of the Origanum family, Thymus mastichina is commonly known as Wild Marjoram, Spanish Marjoram and Mastic Thyme, and in the Iberian peninsula, enjoyed popularity as a common medicinal herb. A few drops can be put in a vaporizer before bed, and a few drops can be added to a hot bath at the first signs of a cold. It is used in masculine, oriental, and herbal-spicy blends for perfumes and colognes.
- Cosmetic Grade: Spain
- Steam-Distilled: Spain
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).