The Art Connect
Myrrh Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Commiphora myrrha
Monoterpene and Sesqueterpene: 62 - 67%
Plant Part: Resin
Processing Method: Solvent Extraction using Benzyl Benzoate
Description / Color / Consistency: A medium to viscous, dark brown liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a medium aroma, Myrrh Resinoid has a warm, rich, spicy balsamic odor.
Blends With: Frankincense, Lavender, Palmarosa, Patchouli, Rose, Rosewood, Sandalwood, Tea Tree and Thyme.
Product Abstract: Though classified as a shrub, Myrrh can grow up to 30 feet in height. The trunk exudes a natural oleo resin that hardens into what is classified as reddish brown 'tears'. Local collectors make incisions into the trees in order to increase the yield. It is then cleaned and processed by solvent extraction to produce the thick, resinous oil. Called mo yao in China, it has been used since at least 600 BC. It was used for embalming and fumigation in Ancient Egypt, and it has been used for centuries as an ingredient in incense and perfume.
- Cosmetic Grade: India
- Organic Grade: Somalia
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).