The Art Connect
Palmarosa Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Cymbopogon martinii var motia
Plant Part: Grass
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, yellow to light brown liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a middle aroma, Palmarosa Essential Oil has a sharp, floral note with a hint of rose.
Blends With: Cananga, Geranium, Bergamot, Sandalwood and Cedarwood.
Product Abstract: Palmarosa is a wild plant that grows in the area northeast of Bombay and across the Himalayan Mountains to Nepal and to a lesser extent, Pakistan. It has long slender stems and terminal flowering tops. The grassy leaf from which the essential oil is derived is extremely fragrant. It is used extensively as a fragrance component in cosmetics, perfumes and especially soaps due to its excellent tenacity. Palmarosa is a member of the Lemongrass family, and was known as Indian Geranium Oil. It is still used in blends to extend the more expensive Rose oils.
- Steam-Distilled: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Bottle with Stopper Plug
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).