The Art Connect
Star Anise Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Illicum Verum Hook
t-Anethole: 86 - 96%
Plant Part: Seeds
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, colourless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a strong aroma, Star Anise has a scent similar to Licorice and Aniseed, but stronger.
Blends With: Lavender, Pine, Orange, Rosewood, Clove, Cinnamon
Product Abstract: Star Anise is a smaller plant belonging to the Magnolia family, native to China and Vietnam, although today it is grown almost exclusively in Southwest China and Japan. The fruit is small, only about an inch and quarter tall (3 cm) and star-shaped with 5 to 10 points. The fruit is picked unripe and sun-dried before it is used. The Japanese plant the tree in their temples and on tombs, and pound the bark for use as incense. Star Anise is generally non-toxic and non-irritating and should not be confused with Illicium anisatum, a Japanese variety that is toxic.
- Steam-Distilled: China
- Organic Grade: China
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Bottle with Stopper Plug
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), Allergen Declaration