The Art Connect
Black Pepper Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Piper nigrum
Plant Part: Dried Berries
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, colourless to greenish liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note with a medium aroma, Black Pepper Essential Oil has a sharp, spicy scent faintly reminiscent of Clove.
Blends well with: Bergamot, Clary Sage, Clove Bud, Coriander, Fennel, Geranium, Grapefruit, Lavender, Juniper, Lemon, Lime, Mandarin, Sandalwood and Ylang-ylang.
Product Abstract: This climbing woody vine uses trees or other supports to grow to about twenty feet high, but is normally kept to about 12 feet for commercial purposes and has a lifespan of about twenty years. The word 'pepper' is derived from the Latin word piper, which was taken from the Sanskrit word pippali. It has been by the Greeks and Romans. The Turks levied a tax on pepper, while during the Middle Ages the Dutch, the French and the Portuguese often went to war to fight over this lucrative trade with the Far East.
- Steam-Distilled: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).