The Art Connect
Cedarwood (Indian) Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Cedrus deodora
Plant Part: Wood
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin to viscous yellow to brown liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note of strong aroma, this oil has a dry woody, slightly camphoraceous and smoky scent.
Blends With: Rosewood, Bergamot, Cypress, Cassia, Jasmine, Juniper, Neroli, Labdanum, Clary Sage, Vetiver, Rosemary, Ylang-ylang.
Product Abstract: Also called Tibetan Cedarwood, the Himalayan Cedar is a tall, evergreen tree that grows up to 50 meters or more in height. It grows extensively on the slopes of the Himalayas in northern India, Pakistan and Afghanistan. Aromatic cedar chests have always been used to store woolen articles.
- Steam-Distilled: India
- Organic Grade: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Bottle with Stopper Plug
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days