The Art Connect
Coffee Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Coffea arabica L.
Oleic acid: 79.2%
Plant Part: Seeds
Description / Color / Consistency: A thick, dark brown liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note of medium aroma, Coffee Oil smells just like a freshly brewed pot of coffee.
Blends With: Allspice, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Vanilla.
Product Abstract: Coffea Arabica is the earliest cultivated species of the coffee tree and still the most widely grown. All fine specialty coffees come from Coffea Arabica, which produces approximately 70% of the world's coffee, and are dramatically superior in quality to the other principal commercial coffee species. All the coffee now grown in the Americas originated from one tree in a Dutch botanical garden. Among other possibilities, it is thought that the name 'coffee' comes from Caffa, an Abyssinian province. It can be burned like incense as a room deodorizer and is known to be loaded with flavonoids and antioxidants. Because this oil has a slightly thick consistency, we would recommend placing the bottle in a very hot water bath, changing the water frequently, and once it is back to the liquid state, be sure to shake it gently before use.
- Cosmetic Grade: India
- Steam-Distilled Grade: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Bottle with Stopper Plug
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Allergen Declaration: No Known Allergens amongst the 26 allergens in the EU Directive by SCCNFP (Scientific Committee on Cosmetic Products and Non-Food Products).
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).