The Art Connect
Frankincense Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Boswellia serrata
Plant Part: Resin
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, colorless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A base note with a medium aroma, Boswellia serrata has a warm and spicy, woody odor that is haunting, but milder than Frankincense from Somalia.
Blends With: Basil, Bergamot, Cardamom, Cedarwood, Chamomile, Cinnamon Bark, Clary Sage, Coriander, Geranium,Myrrh and Vanilla.
Product Abstract: Frankincense originates from a small scraggly but hardy tree indigenous to the Middle East, which is small with abundant pinnacle leaves and white or pale pink flowers. The resin begins as a fragrant sticky milky-white liquid that flows from the trunk of the tree when cut. The dried tears are collected, and the resin is then distilled, producing the precious oil. The resin is known as olibanum, derived from the Arabic al-luban or 'that which results from milking', referring to the milky sap. It is used as incense, and has been traded for 5,000 years. Widely used in ancient Egypt, it was one of the ingredients used in the holy oil described in the Talmud. Frankincense was brought back to Europe by Frankish Crusaders (Frank-incense), and the oil is still highly prized today in the perfumery industry, and widely used in the manufacturing of skin-care products.
- Cosmetic Grade: India
- Steam-Distilled: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/30ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days