The Art Connect
Melissa Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Melissa officinalis
Plant Part: Leaves
Description / Color / Consistency: Pale yellow transparent liquid
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: Pure, fresh, and sweet / Citrus, lemon-like / Strong and rich
Blends With: Citrus oils, Chamomile, Frankincense, Geranium, Lavender, Neroli, Petitgrain, Rose.
Product Abstract: Native to Europe, central Asia, and Iran, the perennial Melissa officinalis plant is also commonly known as Lemon Balm, Common Balm, Balm Mint, or simply Balm. Sprouting in clumps, its growth is vegetative. This herbaceous botanical belongs to the Mint family and thus may sometimes have a mild Mint-like nuance to its aroma. Melissa Essential Oil is used as an ingredient in perfumery, although it also has medicinal applications. The name Melissa is derived from the Greek work for “honey bee,” as bees are drawn to its small white flowers during the summer. Accordingly, Melissa officinalis is commonly planted to attract bees in order to facilitate the production of honey.
- Steam-Distilled: France
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).