The Art Connect
Nutmeg Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Myristica fragrans
Plant Part: Seeds
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, colourless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A middle note of medium aroma, Nutmeg's scent is soft, spicy, and woody with a slightly musky note.
Blends With: Lavender, Clary Sage, Geranium, Rosemary, Petitgrain, Orange and other Spice Oils.
Product Abstract: Nutmeg Essential Oil is derived from an evergreen tree capable of growing 20 meters in height. It produces a fleshy red fruit that is then dried. The exterior husk is dried and produces Mace, while the seeds produce Nutmeg. It has been prized as a culinary spice in ancient China, for embalming by the ancient Egyptians, and by the 8th century was commonly used in Britain. In the 12th century, Hildegard of Bingen cited it in her herbal, the first known textbook on the medicinal use of herbs. Today it is used by the food and cosmetics industries, as well as aromatherapists and naturopathic practitioners.
- Steam-Distilled: India
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Euro Dropper Bottle
- 50ml/100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days
Documents: Certificate of Analysis (COA), Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).