The Art Connect
Rosemary Essential Oil
Botanical Name: Rosmarinus officinalis
1,8-Cineole: 38 - 55%
Plant Part: Herb
Description / Color / Consistency: A thin, clear, colourless to pale yellow liquid.
Aromatic Summary / Note / Strength of Aroma: A top note with a strong aroma, Rosemary has a fresh, strong, woody and herbal scent.
Blends well with: Basil, Bergamot, Cedarwood, Lemon, Orange and Peppermint.
Product Abstract: An evergreen shrub with numerous branches, Rosemary's bark is ash-colored and scaly with leathery, thick leaves that are lustrous and dark green with white underneath. Its tiny pale blue blossoms abound from December through spring, and it can grow to heights of close to 2 meters in height. Its name means 'dew of the sea' because Rosemary naturally grows near the Mediterranean Sea. It has been used medicinally for several thousand years, and its leaves were traditionally burned to purify the air. Rosemary was used in Roman burial rites, and that practice continued well into the middle ages when it was customary to lay branches of rosemary on the coffin at funerals.
- Cosmetic Grade: India
- Steam-Distilled: Spain
- Organic Grade: Spain
Usage: Essential oils are highly concentrated , the below usage rates are recommended:
- Gels, Toners, Astringents or high water based products-
- 0.5% for acne prone, sensitive and dry skin
- 1% for oily and combination skin
- Creams, Oil Serum, Balms
- 1% for dry, sensitive and acne prone skin
- 2% for oily and combination skin
- Hair Oil - 5%
- Liquid Shampoo, Soaps, Facewash and Bodywash - 2- 3%
- Cosmetic Grade: Cosmetic Grade oils are suitable for applications in skin and hair formulations including creams, lotions, shampoos etc. and are for external use only. The oils have been modified from their natural state in line with IP/BP/EP/USP (pharma) standards to suit the commercial requirements of the industry.
- Steam-Distilled: Natural Essential Oils are 100% pure, extracted through steam distillation and sold as is without any alteration to their composition. The oils are highly volatile and potent and retain almost all of their therapeutic benefits. They are ideal for natural and high end cosmetic formulations, can be applied directly (after appropriate dilution) or used for aromatherapy benefits.
- Organic: Natural Essential Oils that are Steam-Distilled and also sourced from manufacturers who have gotten the same certified as Organic (USDA/ECOCERT/INDOCERT).
Cautions: Dilute before use; for external use only. May cause skin irritation in some individuals; a skin test of the end product created is recommended prior to use. Contact with eyes should be avoided.
Storage: It is recommended that oils packaged in containers (for safe shipping) be transferred into dark glass containers to maintain freshness and attain maximum shelf life.
- 10ml/25ml: Amber Glass Bottle with Stopper Plug
- 100ml/250ml/500ml/1Litre: Transparent Plastic HPDE Bottles / Anodized Aluminum Bottles
- In Stock: 1-2 working days
- Pre-Order: 7-9 working days